February 24, 2012

Pretty Purple Cake

I had a spare cake in my freezer that I wanted to get rid of. I didn't have a ton of time for decorating but I had something that I wanted to try. 
I'm sure anyone who has been on Pintrest has come across this sort of cake on there. One of the pins I have on it is from this blog.
Since my cake wasn't that high, and I wanted to try a color combination with it, I decided to use a tip #21 instead of the 1M. My rosettes were smaller and I could get a few rows of them on a cake, and be able to color them.

I realize I have horrible camera pictures, and this one was taken on my phone. Alas, it was a better looking picture than my camera was for some reason. 
The decorating was a very quick and dirty. I had both kids running around at my feet and its very hard to work when they are awake. If I were to do this one again, I would probably make the crumb coat a purple shade, rather than white, I would have concentrated more on making sure my rosettes were tighter together, and I would have slowed down a bit more.

Overall it turned out ok, but not 100% perfect with it


No comments:

Post a Comment