June 27, 2009

Daisies - my favorite!

A friend of mine bought a daisy cake pan for her daughter's first birthday. Unfortunately she had some problems getting the cake out of the pan and it ended up being scrapped for a store bought cake. She was devastated!
So I decided to try out her pan to see if it was her oven that might have done it, or the greasing of the pan.

I was pretty impressed with how it turned out. I did find out it was the greasing of her pan that didn't work. According to the directions, shortening and flour is all that you needed, but I used the Wilton Cake Release and the cake came out of the pan like butter. I highly recommend the product!
I tried out my new triple star tip to do this cake. I was amazed at how quickly I was able to ice it with that tip! If you are ever going to do this kind of an icing job, get the triple star.. worth every cent of the $4 I spent.

No comments:

Post a Comment